Re: [CH] Hot Luck in planning stages

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:59:12 -0600

"Schickowski, Jeff" wrote:

> Well I guess it's my turn to host a hot luck here in Sunny Sheboygan,
> Wisconsin...
>
> I've narrowed it down to either Saturday, June 24th or Saturday, July 1st,
> 2000. Anyone interested? ...
>
> Anyone interested, let me know. If not, it'll have to die a painful death
> before having the opportunity to blossom into the event it could have been.
> I'll have to sit all alone in the dark, a fistful of chips in one hand, a
> bottle of Backdraft in the other, drowning my sorrows.

  Hey great!!! Put me down for two if it's on the 24th., we have to attend a
wedding on July 1st. My understanding is it's customary to prepare a dish to
bring to these things? Since my wife isn't exactly a chile-head, and I'm not
exactly a chef, maybe I could just be in charge of supplying some of the
beverages? I haven't seen Dan (from recent SouthWest WI / Rocotto growing
advice fame) reply to this yet... How's about it Dan, it would be what, a two
hour drive for ya'? Any other WI C-H's out there willing to make the journey?
I'll make the supreme sacrifice and spend a half-hour or so on the freeway for
you Jeff. If it all falls through, I'll meet you half-way in Belgium at the
truck stop. We can get some burgers and sprinkle some Calvin's on 'em.
--
Erich
C-H # 2099