Re: [CH] Rocottos

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 20:29:51 -0600

"Pieters, Rob (NL01)" wrote:

> I'm not the one with most of the experience on growing Rocotto, ...
> I brought it indoors after the some nightfrost here in Holland which was end
> November, the fruits are still not ripen, well some pcs are tennis ball size
> and are getting red now.
> And by bringing it into the house after a few day's most of the leaves were
> starting to fall off and some of the immature fruits too, but I still have
> about 20 pcs hanging in there.

  This relates to a discussion I was having with a C-H (non-listmember; says
he's too busy) co-worker today. Has anyone tried reducing the stress of
overwintered plants by acclimating them slowly to the indoor conditions? Maybe
bringing them in for short periods of time to start with, and increasing that
time over a week or so? Unfortunately, an unexpected harsh frost this year
reduced me to the point of having only seeds, and a glint in my eye with the
thought of spring.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099