Re: [CH] sauce

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 08 Jan 2000 11:06:33 -0600

Emile & Dewi wrote:

> Hello fellow Chileheads all over the world,
>
> I've been using the same hot sauce for about 10 years now. I put it through
> everything. At first we got a bottle from the USA, but after a while we
> found out we could also buy it here in Holland in what we call a 'Toko'.
> It's an oriental store. The name of the sauce is: Tuong ot sriracha. At
> least that is what it says on the bottle. The address on the bottle is Huy
> Fong Foods, Inc in Rosemead, CA. Does anybody know this sauce? If so, what
> do you use it for? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance!

I call that "Who Flung Foo" or Rooster Sauce (for the Rooster on the
label). When next you look at the Oriental market see if they have one
called Toung Ot An Pho Sriracha - with 3 bells on the label. It's also
made in California (Ranch Cucamonga, I think). I prefer it to the Huy
Fong because it is less sweet, moderately warmer, and much more garlicky
- and you can't have TOO MUCH garlic.  <GGG>

Where I buy mine - the price is the same as Who Flung Foo - your mileage
may vary.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider