Re: [CH] W.O.W

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 11:28:26 -0600

Chet Bacon wrote:

> That would be about the last time I went to the UK.  It was not safe to
> fish&chips in our newspaper cause of the lead and ink found in our
> still don't think I'd trust our newsprint either for news or to eat
> Thanks for the update, and I still don't buy newspapers.

> Byron Bromley wrote:

> > Newspaper ink changed to soy based about 25 years ago.

> > I can remember the newspaper going from 10 cent to 25 cent, and that
> > given as the reason

> > Byron

> > From: "Chet Bacon" <chet@chetbacon.com>

> > > I don't think this is the case in the USA.  I believe the base is
> > > Fish and Chips!  yum!  no proper fish&chips around here!

> > > Chet

Some papers use soy based inks - some use fish oil based inks - and some
use petroleum based inks. All inks, however, conatins stuff that will do
*some* harm to the mammalian genotype.... not lead though. But, inks and
their solvents require EPA labeling (in the print shop) and are not
someting that I'd casre to ingest. OTOH - the dosage of bad stuff you
would get from eating the fisd and chips AND the newspaper it's wrapped
in is so low as to do no harm beyond getting gummint regulators and food
kops excited.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider