Re: [CH] Huevos Rancheros

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 11:14:03 -0600

David Cook wrote:

> Around here if you scramble up eggs, chiles and tortillas, you get migas.
> Huevos rancheros is usually eggs (scrambled or however you like them) topped
> with salsa and tortillas on the side.

> David Cook

At my local Mexican Eatery (owners are from Mexico City area) under the
"Desayunos" section of the menu "Huevos Rancheros" are described as
"eggs cooked sunny side up with a red salsa" and "served with rice,
beans, tortillas and chips & salsa".

I usually have "huevos machacado" which is "blanquillos scrambled with
shredded meat" and the same sides as 'rancheros'. I usually avoid their
chorizo as I find it too salty and too vinegary. I save blanquillos con
chorizo for when I make a batch of my own chorizo to suit MY taste. That
is - more chillies and very little vinegar and only "normal" salt.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider