Re: [CH] sauce - Sambal Oelek Story

Andy (quark@erols.com)
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:55:43 -0500

This summer my wife and I had a brief, but lovely stay at
The Cloister in Sea Island GA.   (http://www.cloister.com)

The food was excellent.  The menu varied, and one night one selection was
labeled "Hot", naturally I tried it.  It wasn't quite CH hot -- but it was
delicious with a rich chile flavor and a mild but satisfying heat.

I sent my compliments to the chief, and inquired about the ingredient used.  He
came to my table and after a brief discussion he presented me with a brand new
bottle of:

    ***  "Sambal Oelek / Ground Fresh Chile Paste" ***

from Huy Fong Foods, Inc.   http://www.huyfong.com

-- it too became a staple with me.  I've recently noticed that they do have a
nice sample pack available, and plan to try their other related products.
(Usual disclaimers.)

Andy.