Re: [CH] Own Sauces to Restaurants

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:08:29 -0600

Calvin Donaghey wrote:

> Green-
> This is a subject I like to see discussed!!  Yes, bringing your own goodies
> is generally OK.  Like you, I usually have a good time doing it.
> CHs have an opportunity to make outstanding impressions on cooks, owners,
> and wait staff.
> .........   :-)
>
> Calvin

  Yes....... Excellent post Calvin. I know from too much experience what many
waitstaff and cooks / chefs have to put up with. Being as polite as possible,
and tipping fairly is always good form whether you've brought your own extra
special goodies or not. I, like everyone else I've seen so far, have experienced
no ill effects from providing my own little menu enhancers. In fact, the only
thing anyone has ever said was merely a polite inquiry by the manager of our
favorite Chinese restaurant as to what I was going to do with the side of hot
oil, when I had ordered sweet and sour chicken.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099