[CH] going forth and spreading the glory....

H. Alan Kantrud (prairiehabanero@leagent.net)
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:30:06 -0600

one of my fave things to do is drag along various condiments to food
outlets...an ex-S.O. went so far as to make a "holster" for me, as i refered
to my tagalongs as "cap" guns<s>...

anywho, the ONLY place i ever got any flak for it was at Subway(TM).  any of
you in the know will appreciate it when i say that their "vegetarian delight"
is only such if you like to consume a half inch slab of warm tile grout with
some veggies added for colour....so i bring my own flavour...a manager
refused to let me douse my footlong, spouting drither about liability and
such...so i sez, being one o' them dere lier/attorney types myself<g>, "don't
worry, no court in the world let me sue you; i came to the nuisnace<g>
myself....but alas, with gram gram suing mcdonalds over the hot brown stuff
they pass for coffee, everyone's a victim...

that aside, i have had a WUNNERFUL time introducing owners, chefs and,
teehee, waitstaff to the vibrant world of hot condiments.  while i usually
drag along the ely twins (my term for yucateco) cuz they are cheap and travel
well, i make more of a habit to drag along my own hab concoctions...some know
of what i speak.  my green sauce has been the great equalizer in many
instances, reducing even the biggest braggart to a milk-guzzling infant <G>,
and my orange prairie fire (called such before the Major Label debut) is
always a crowd pleaser.  One place has made a shrine to me in their fantasy
pie rack, where i leave bottles for my own future reference....

warm regards to all, 'specially rael
HAK

Robert A Reed wrote:

<<snip>>

>  I take a box of hot sauces ( curently 17 bottles ) and
> we usually get everyone in the place involved. we almose always find
> someone who think he can handle anything
> until we find something to put him in his place.

<<snip snip snip>>

> >I've read here for I don't know *how* long, how so many of you'd
> >gather
> >up your sauces/powders and head out to whatever restaurant you were
> >planning on going to.  Once there, you'd doctor-up your food.
> >
> >I've always thought, "How BALLSY!"  Man, I could never do THAT!"

<<snip snip snip>>