Re: [CH] Grow lights

Michael Scott (scott@clove.net.au)
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:13:49 +0930

Michelle DeWitt wrote:

> In looking over old notes, there was a post from Mr. Gareth saying he
> used a cool and a warm tube in his two tubed lighting fixture to "launch
> seedlings". I have spent the week preparing for my novice adventure and
> realize that I have only purchased cool tubes. Will they work? It's been
> a very light day for postings so I thought I'd give anyone a chance to
> respond.
>
> TIA
> Michelle in KC

hey Michelle,
             I've always found that heat is the most important
ingredient for germinating seedlings, but you may not need any extra
tubes depending on the climate in your area. If you are currently in
winter, the seedlings may take weeks to germinate. Either buy a warm
tube or maybe a heating mat and your seeds will germinate in like 5
days.

- PaPa Fung