Re: [CH] When is fermented sauce done?

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:31:40 +0100

On 3 Feb 00, Andrew & Trish Hood wrote:

> dream mode on:
> I was also wondering if it would be possible to ferment the chillies
> themselves, as in make a chilli wine, the reason being this could then
> be distilled to make something like genuine chilli schnapps! dream
> mode off:

I have seen recipes of chile wine somewhere... can't now recall
where, but I am sure someone here knows. Ask the British... they are
notorious for making wine from anything from rootbeets to old
socks....   Ooops... sorry, you are an aussie, right...  ;)

<boring mode>
...  but destilling that would probably not make sense, guess you
would lose all the capsicain. After all we can cook our chili and it
is still hot.
</boring mode>

Now back out to the freezing cold,
Kristofer