[CH] Food at O'Hare

Virginia H. Dimond (dimondcn@enteract.com)
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:36:27 -0600

>Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 13:57:06 -0800
>From: Constance Allen <constancea@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [CH] Regional food/Seedlings/Tabasco challenge
>
>Ginny and Chile Heads,
>
>I heard so many stories regarding the great eats, pizzas and sandwiches
>of Chicago.  However, the past two times (within the past
>year-and-a-half) that I've traveled and had stop-overs in Chicago O'Hare
>Airport , I have not been able to partake of these goodies.  The best
>that I could find was a hot dog with Heinz relish and French's mustard,
>prepacked, not ever sauerkraut!

I think the only thing I've ever eaten at O'Hare was a muffin from Starbucks
when my flight was delayed.  (After all, how many times have you said, "I've
got a good idea -- let's go to the airport for dinner!")

I do understand the food at O'Hare has been upgraded recently, but I suspect
that surprisingly you can't get a good Italian Beef or Chicago-style hotdog
there.  (The fact you couldn't get sauerkraut is understandable -- we don't
use kraut on our dogs around here (with good reason IMO).)  A Chicago-style
hotdog, BTW, has mustard, pickle relish, sliced tomato, kosher dill (sliced
the long way) -- or sometimes cucumber, chopped onions, celery salt, and hot
sport peppers.

There is Connie's pizza at O'Hare now.  Nowhere near as good as Pizzeria
Uno, Gino's, or my favorite -- Nancy's Stuffed, but passable.

Ginny