Re: [gardeners] Food Steamer

Barb Rothenberger (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 07:40:16 -0600

Rosemary:  you will LOVE your steamer.  My daughter and I especially love
to cook broccoli & cauliflower in the steamer.  Don't need much at all - I
use spray margarine on top for added flavor.
	I stayed away from the after xmas sales - just dind't need anything - our
little house is too full as it is!  What is it they say - you spend half
your life accumulating things and the other half getting rid of them?  Glad
to have both our girls here in Columbia so I can give things to them!
Barb
At 09:51 PM 1/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all: Well, today I hit the after Xmas sales. Good stuff! Got a desk I
>needed for my office and a sweater chest for my bedroom. Both really needed
>- and both WONDERFUL bargains. Cherry desk, mahogany chest. LESS than half
>price. Super!
>
>But, I'm writing to ask all of you about a food steamer. I've wanted one
>FOREVER - and found a top of the line Oster on sale today for $15!!! So,
>I've got it. Any tricks? Any good recipes? I can't WAIT to cook seafood and
>veggies in it!! Anyone have one? I really wanted a Chinese bamboo - but
>couldn't find one. I'll be anxious to hear your experiences!
>
>Rosemary in FRIGID Eastern KY where we are expecting 2 inches (more) of
>snow and MORE ice than THAT! AACCKK!!!

Barb Rothenberger
Columbia, Mo.
brothenb@socket.net