RE: [gourds] Re:Veggie Forms

Lillian Kepp (gourds@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 98 22:42:26 PST

Pat,

Did you read the message about Odd Lots (Big Lots).  They have
rabbit, duck, and egg molds.

Pinetree sells seeds and garden supplies.
Pinetree Garden Seeds
Box 300
New Gloucester, ME 04260
207-926-3400
Toll Free Fax: 1-888-52-SEEDS

Once the gourd has filled out the mold, you remove the mold.
The gourd will continue to grow in the same shape until it is
mature. Don't remove the gourd with the form.  Leave the gourd
on the vine.  That's why two piece forms are best.  They can be
easily removed.  When you use glass bottles or plastic bottles
like 7-Up, you have to break the glass or cut the plastic bottle
and have a good chance of damaging the gourd. The two piece mold
comes off quite well.

Lillian Kepp
thekepps@bright.net