Re: [tomato] Red plastic mulch

Richard Yarnell (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:40:54 -0800 (PST)

Some insects (eg bees) orient themselves to the sky.  A ground cover might
confuse such insects.  A mirror like reflector might have aphids crawling
all over themselves crawling on reflected undersides of the leaves
actually above them.  (note this is only speculation.  But it is quite a
treat to watch a bee fly over a new bright galvanized hive cover and in
the space of a few inches do a 180 roll to fly upside down.)