Re: [CH] Homemade chipotles?

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:39:46 -0500

At 11:43 AM 1/26/98 -0600, Jeff Noxon wrote:
>Has anyone in the group tried to make Chipotles (smoked Jalapenos)
>at home?  What did you do, and what were the results like?

I've made them a few times.  I split and seeded them and started them about
5pm over lump charcoal with oak and hickory chunks.  I kept them on at
about 225-250 until 11pm, then stopped adding charcoal and wood but left
them in the smoker as it cooled overnight.  The resulting chipotles were
dark and wrinkled and dry enough to break when bent.  I've used them to
flavor soups, stews and chili, but the best use was as a marinade for
grilled portabella mushrooms.

                          =Mark

@   http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens   @

Where ya' from?