Re: [CH] Gourmet Chili/Salsa Products/Program

Dana H. Myers (myers@West.Sun.COM)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 00:19:47 -0800 (PST)

I thought I'd fought the urge to respond, but it returned...

John G. Zemek, wishing to be my friend, wrote:

> I recently subscribed to the Chile-Heads e-mail list.  I am finding it
> fascinating, reading all the messages of people who are into Chiles.

How long have you been reading?  I suspect not long, like maybe two days.
Otherwise, you'd have been fascinated how much we're into growing our
own chiles, making our own fresh salsas, swapping recipes and discussing
*truly hot* pepper sauces.  You might also have been fascinated with how
little time is spent discussing bottled, cooked salsa.  In particular, you
might have been astounded how people often send out free samples of chile
things.

> I am from Las Cruces, New Mexico, the "Chile Capital of the World", or so
> I am told our reputation is.

I am from Pleasant Hill, where I went to high school with Julie Strain,
Penthouse Pet of the Year 1993, and Beth Toussaint, B5 and ST:TNG fans
know who she is (hey, for what is worth, Beth got more of my attention
in high school than Melissa Gilbert).  Some would say Pleasant Hill is
the "Babe Capital of the World".  Well, Tom Hanks was born in the
town next door...

> Two weeks ago, I got involved in a company that is marketing Gourmet
> chile products/salsas grown and produced in this state, the "Land of
> Enchantment".

Ooohh, that's really good for you.

[... rest deleted ...]

I'll just pretend you didn't try to peddle bulk-made, canned salsa
products to chile enthusiasts and then suggest we peddle these
products to people we care about.  If you spend a moment imagining
yourself trying to sell a Budweiser MLM to home-brewing enthusiasts,
you'll understand why.

Dana