Re: [CH] sort of off topic- cats and plants

L Anderson (lowella@serv.net)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 01:58:57 -0800

Jonathan T. Smillie wrote:

> Hey CHers- I have a quasi-moral dilemma on which this list's members
> are uniquely qualified to advise.
>
> I have a rather large potted plant (a Dracaena (sp?) marginata) which
> one of my cats, whom I otherwise love dearly, loves to chew the lower
> leaves of

[rest of sad story snipped]

Ok! I think it's time your cat returned the favor.  What I recommend is
the following recipe:

	1 cat -- your plant eating one
	4 oz hot sauce of your choice
	1/8 cup fish fertilizer
	2 cups water
	5 gal water

Place all ingredients, except five gal water, in blender and puree until
reeeeeal smooth.  Add cat-pepper-fertilizer-water puree to five gallons
of water and mix well--store mixture in jug(s).  Add 2 cups of mixture
to the amount of water less 2 cups you need each time you water your
x-cat offended plant.  Watch to see if leaf drooping and dropping
stops.  If so, great, if not--well you're out a cat.  But! You still
have a great fertilizer that's, shall we say, the cats meow--:-).

Regards,

Lowell Anderson