Re: [CH] Calvin's & Penzey's

David Wright (dtwright@texas.net)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:03:10 -0600 (CST)

At 10:08 AM 1/27/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I made the Spicy Hot Chicken Soup from the Penzey's catalog (page 13), but
>used Calvin's Powder instead of the cayenne.  Also I used a lot more than
>the 1/2 to 1-1/2 tsp. they called for!  It was excellent and I felt better
>immediately.  Then this morning I sprinkled some on my pecan rolls.  Yum!
>
>Margot

Thanks to Frank, Jonathan, Andy, Dave and Margot (and anyone else I may
have missed) for the information about Penzeys Ltd. I found a web site and
am downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader even as I write so I, too, can find the
Spicy Chicken Soup on page 13.

And my bottle of Calvin's Powder arrived Saturday, so I no longer have to
be as frugal as I was with the baggie sample. Life is good.

David
*****
"'Comida sin chile no es comida,' his father always said." -- Rudolfo Anaya
in "Zia Summer"