Re:[CH] Thai's vs. Habs

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:09:39 +1100

At 2:22 AM +1100 28-1-98, Senor Chile Monger wrote:
>I guess different varieties of chile have different combinations of
>capsacianoids, some hit me on the tip of the tongue,(Jal's, Thais) some do
>that ever-loving slow roll up the back of the throat(Habs).  IMHO Habs
>definitely have the 'hang time' edge.  Hab heat keeps on comin' and keeps
>on goin'.
jeff the cheff and I  me? have ben having this argument for weeks.
There is heat that hits you on the lips and tip of the tounge
Middle heat that sears the centre of your tounge
and heat at the back of the throat like swallowing razor blades.
Jeff has convinced me that its all got to do with how long you leave the
chilli dish after cooking,  how fresh it is and what you cook the chilli
with sugar, butter chocolate etc

Michael Bailes,  The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250
Australia. (OZ) Int fax 61 243 651979  Phone 61 243 677322
 EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au  Web page at:
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/
1998 Chilli Festival 8/9 March.
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~frgntgar/chili/festival1998.html