Re: [CH] Pico de Gallo

Porter Banister (porter9@concentric.net)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:30:48 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Howle <howle@ebicom.net>
To: Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com <Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com>
Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 6:14 PM
Subject: [CH] Pico de Gallo

Judy Howle Wrote:

>This came today in the Paul Prudhomme newsletter.  He has a new book out.
>Has anyone tried the Magic Pepper Sauce?  I haven't heard of it.
Interesting
>version of Pico de Gallo.

Leave it to Paul Prudhomme to turn what should be a 5 or 6 ingredient affair
into a 15 ingredient one. This is not meant to disparage - the guy really
knows how to add complex flavors in stages. My toque is off to him. Yes,
Judy, I have tried his Magic Pepper Sauce. It is a hotter version of a
typical Louisiana hot sauce, and contains habs as well as cayenne. It's a
cut above the rest not only in heat but in flavor. As  with most Louisiana
sauces, vinegar is highly present, so those of you who fear puckering please
note that. A good sauce!

Porter