Re: [CH] Salsa/Chile, Naivete/Apologies, Second Thoughts

David A. Verbil (dverbil@primenet.com)
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:03:33 -0700

On 27 Jan 98 at 21:49, John G. Zemek wrote:

>Snip ...

> Given the attitude of many of you, I'd much rather continue to
> eat salsa mass produced in New York than hang around reading
> your narrow minded crap!

>Snip some more ...

Definitely a thin skinned newbie ... Imagine if he'd really
gotten flamed! Oh, well ...

ObCH - Although I should have started seeds more than a month
ago, I haven't yet. This past year, bermuda grass finally
overcame my chile beds. I've tried digging, but the darn stolons
are so deep, I can't get them all (and digging up a producing
pepper plant to get rid of the grass seemed so counterproductive
- well, I'd have a clearer garden if I had ...) and it comes
right back with a vengeance :-(> I'll have to use a monocot
specific herbicide to get rid of it (and keep my present chile
plants) - and to do that I have to wait until the stuff is
actively growing in a couple of months. Guess I'll have to wait
until fall to plant any new varieties.

Has anyone on the list battled bermuda? What did you do?

                                 DAVe