Re: [CH] Calvin's Powder vs. the US Postal Service: Round 1!

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (jbenz@courant.infi.net)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 06:50:33 -0500

Jim Campbell wrote:

> I keep waiting (dreading) the day you all get to see me on CNN trying to
> explain that chiles are really harmless after some baggage handler at the
> USPS gives a 5-gl bucket of my Habs a toss & it breaks open.
>
> "Yes sir, I know you've evacuated a 1/2 mile radius.  What's that?  Not entirely
> evacuated?  How many people to restrain him from going in?  His name
> wouldn't be Rael would it?"
>
> Not too many years ago there was an incident involving UPS, hot chili
> powder, several haz mat teams (ours being one of them), and a lot of
> embarassed people.

I know the feeling...my wife picked up the mail the day Calvin's powder
arrived...she walked in holding it at arm's length saying "What the hell is this?
You can smell it through the envelope!"  She's getting really paranoid about
packages in the mail.

Mailman musta had a swell time cooped up in the truck with it. )

JB
--
John Benz Fentner, Jr.