Re: [CH] Calvin's Powder vs. the US Postal Service: Round 1!

Mary Lu (Sexylegs@2-hot.com)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:08:05 -0500 (EST)

>IEATCHILES@aol.com wrote:
>>
>>   Apparently someone at the US Postal Service is lurking on this list and has

I was going to ignore this thread, but I have to say something now.  I used
to work for the post office.  I quit.  I was becoming too disgruntled.  Now
my husband, sister, daughter, brother-in-law and uncle all work there.  I
knew my way around many of the machines.  And still do from just going in
there to visit this or that one.  When a bag of chile powder burst open from
one of the machines I would have savored the moment.  But most ppl wouldn't.
You would not believe what gets put in envelopes to mailed and expected to
survive the machines it goes through.  Starting with Barney, the big purple
machine that postmarks the mail.  On to the OCR and then the barcoder.  In
Calvin's case, more than likely the FSM.  And then if they all failed, some
unsuspecting postal worker gets an envelope that has been stamped, smashed,
banged, bounced, printed on and possibly stamped four or five more times.
Oversized at that.  It has this odd smell coming out of it.  He/she takes a
big sniff and wham!  The eyes are burning, the nose is watering, the cheeks
are turning red and the other workers are all laughing their tails off.  And
you thought it was stress that caused them to be disgruntled.  I would have
been in heaven.  But that's me.  A Chile-head!  I've had to sort mail with
all kinds of things on the inside that didn't make it.  It's easy for
machines to tear the envelopes open.  Calvin, I loved the powder!  I thought
it was great.  I'm not saying any thing bad about the way you mailed it.
I've seen much worse packaging.  Like the blacklight bulbs that were mailed
in an envelope and not even marked "hand stamp" and the customer couldn't
figure out why they got crushed!  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it was
a conspiracy to steal the powder.  But I could be wrong.  There are several
c-h's that work at the main PO here in town.

Mary Lu
Sexylegs@2-hot.com
If you can not lose, then you can not win!

http://members.aol.com/Sexylegs4U/index.html
http://members.tripod.com/~Sexylegs/index.html
http://members.aol.com/LilKanga/Poohs.html