Re: [CH] Hot Kim-chee

Ray Pfaff (raypfaff@erols.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 09:45:47 -0500

Jonathan T. Smillie wrote:

> Fantastic stuff, kimchi, but definitely an acquired taste- a Filipino friend of
> mine can't be in the same room with it...
>
> Jonathan

I lived in Korea for 2 years and don't know of any "blow my socks off" kimchee.
Actually kimchee is about the only food I developed a negative aquired tast to.
When I first got there I really liked it and by the time I left I couldn't stand
any of it other than one kind which was made with radishes in a sweet sauce.Now
what was hot and I wish I could find here was a type of  ramien that was flavored
with hot peppers.