Re: [CH] Chicken broth and Horseradish

Jody L. Baze (jody@BlueSkyTours.COM)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:18:15 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 tgreaves@notes.primeco.com wrote:

> I've a couple of questions for our erudite list:  1) Could you heat
> tortillas in chicken broth to soften them instead of oil?  (I'm trying to
> minimize fat);

Personally, I just steam them or microwave them a little. Does the trick.
You lose the "toasted" kind of flavor you get by frying them, but you don't
have the fat, either. Another idea might be to get a mister and give them a
quick spray of oil rather than imersing them. Just a thought!

JLB
--
Jody L. Baze                 Blue Sky Tours, Inc.
Software Development         10832 Prospect Avenue N.E.