Re: [CH] Are chiles an annual plant?

Lorraine Heidecker (lheid@saclink.csus.edu)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:23:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dale!

My horticulturalist fgriends classes chiles as "tender perrenials".  I
have successfully wintered over plants in pots by bringing them into a
sheltered area (this year it was a back bedroom) where they will not
freeze and giving them some extra light with a flourescent fixture.
Under these conditions the serranos actually continued to bear lightly
all winter.

Peace, love and peppers

Lorraine