Re: [CH] Problems drying chiles.

Hobby Farmer (hobby.farmer@carrinter.net)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 14:22:15 -0500

A belated addition to this thread -

We bought a Harvest Maid dehydrator a while back (1978).  It is
still chugging along.  A thermostat shorted about 8 years ago
and warped a couple of trays, other than that, it has done fine.

Harvest Maid is a round unit made up of a base, however many
trays you need to use, and a top.  It has a heating unit, fan
and thermostat in the base.  It came with 4 trays.  We have
added 8 more trays.  We also have fine screens and juice inserts
for the trays.  It's nice just using the trays you need, and not
having to move or rotate trays - the hot air comes up the center
and then out the edges of each tray.

We have found these units and accesories at K-Mart, Walmart and
True Value, and mail order.  The stores are usually a lot
cheaper.

Disclaimer:  I own Harvest Maid.  I also own K-Mart, Walmart and
True Value.  I will get to keep all the money if you buy one of
these things.  I just live like I do to fool the neighbors and
keep relatives from hitting me up for loans.

Hobby Farmer