Re: [Fwd: Re: [CH] Restaurants, San Diego and Tijuana]

Stephen Tanner (
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 19:57:22 -0400

Menudo (Tripe) is served in several ways in Latin American countries.
While the soup is more commonly referred to, I have also seen it made
into a thick stew with vegetables which is often served with rice or
with beans. Another way it is cooked is to stuff it with a corn meal
dressing and then bake it similar to the Scottish dish, Haggis, made
with the lining of a sheep's stomach.

Here in the US tripe is a common filler for most hot dogs and lunch meat
so it is doubtful that none of us has ever eaten tripe. ;{)

Jim Thomas wrote:
> I'm sorry buy menudo tacos? Soup tacos? I'm a little shakey on the concept
> here.
> Jim
Steve Tanner
Tarheel Steve's Pots, Pans, & Poetry