Re: [CH] Intro and request

Randy (
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lynn,

Glad you're back!

Here's one recipe I have for Jalapeno Mustard- It could be a P.I.A. to
prepare but it's the best I could find!

Jalapeno Mustard

2 ts Whole coriander seeds
    1/4 c  Whole yellow mustard seeds
    1/4 c  Whole black mustard seeds
    1/4 c  Dry powdered mustard
    3/4 c  Cold water
      3    Garlic cloves
           -- peeled and chopped
      1 sm Onion; peeled and chopped
      2 sm Jalapenos (or more)
           -- seeded
    1/4 c  Cider vinegar
    1/4 c  Dry white wine
  Toast coriander seeds in a dry skillet or place them in a flat dish
  and microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes.  Crush the mustard and
  coriander seeds slightly in a mortar or blender, then mix them and
  the powdered mustard into the water and let stand for at least three
  Mix the remaining ingredients and pulverize in a blender until
  smooth. Stir the puree into the mustard.  Bring the mixture to a
  boil, then lower the heat and simmer 5 minutes or until as thick as
  you like, stirring occasionally.  The mustard will thicken slightly
  on cooling. Refrigerate, covered.

Hope this helps!

The first and the best victory is to conquer self.
*Plato {BC 427-347 Greek Philosopher}

---Sugaree908 <> wrote:
> Hi all :)  After a 6 month or so absence from the list I am back.
Hope all of
> you are good.  Traffic on the list is much lighter than I remember.
> does anyone have a recipe for mustard/jalapeno mustard ? (snipped)
Get your free address at