Re: [CH] Intro and request

Stephen Tanner (SBahrd@a-o.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:57:51 -0400

Sugaree908 wrote:

> Hi all :)  After a 6 month or so absence from the list I am back.  Hope all of
> you are good.  Traffic on the list is much lighter than I remember.  Anyways,
> does anyone have a recipe for mustard/jalapeno mustard ?  I bought a bottle a

Here tiz, Steve :{)

								Recipe #31

	Jalapeno Mustard
	Recipe from Colman's Mustard

	INGREDIENTS

	2 tsp Whole coriander seeds
	1/4 cup Whole yellow mustard seeds
	1/4 cup Whole black mustard seeds
	1/4 cup Colmans Mustard
	3/4 cup Cold water
	3 cloves Garlic, minced
	1 small Onion, minced
	3 Jalapeno chiles, seeded
	1/4 cup Cider vinegar
	1/4 cup Dry white wine

	PREPARATION

	Toast coriander seeds in a dry skillet or microwave in a flat
	dish on High for 4-5 minutes.
	Crush the mustard and coriander seeds slightly in a mortar or blender.
	Mix the seeds and the powdered mustard into the water and let
	stand for at least 3 hours.
	Mix the remaining ingredients and pulverize in a blender until
 	smooth.
	Stir the puree into the mustard.
	Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until desired
consistency is reached, stirring frequently. (The mustard will
 	thicken slightly when cooled)
	Store refrigerated and covered.

--
Steve Tanner