Re: [CH] the worst...

David Wright (dtwright@texas.net)
Sat, 16 May 1998 11:05:06 -0500 (CDT)

At 11:18 AM 5/16/98 -0400, The Old Bear wrote:
>In Chile-Heads' Digest, v.4 #419, J. B. Cattley wrote:

>What is shocking is that I have been in places where the menu
>description reads "topped with grated cheddar cheese" and the
>actual food appears with a couple of glops of this repugnant
>yellowish emulsified fat.
>
>Cheers,
>The Old Bear

A perfect description. My most horrible experience with this stuff was at a
Denny's-style place (but not a Denny's) in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. My Eggs
Benedict came with this rather than with Hollandaise. I was less than
pleased, especially when the manager couldn't understand what I was
complaining about. And just to keep this on-topic, I think a sprinkling of
Calvin's powder would add a nice touch to EBs.

David