Re: [CH] Recipes for MRE's

Chipotle Coyote (
Sat, 16 May 1998 10:40:48 -0700

At 12:41 16/05/98 -0400, John Benz Fentner, Jr. wrote:
>N/hotsdesr wrote:
>> Greetings all!
>> We're located just down the road from the west coast Marine Base, Camp
>> Pendleton. I'm going to be looking for recipes to spruce up Meals - Read
>> to Eat (MRE).

Well the ones I've had were less than tasty.. I'll agree with those who say
that MRE stand for: "Meals, Rejected by Everyone" and "Meals, Rarely Edible."
However a healthy does of hot sauce (for me at least) make them at least
Fortunately, I haven't had any for quite sometime but I've read they're
trying to improve them with more choices and better taste. BTW some of the
new meals are:
black bean and rice burrito,spicy oriental chicken, chicken strips in salsa,
Jamaican pork chop with noodles which sound promising...
If you're really interested check out this url:

 Crazy Coyote - Howlin' for Habaneros
"The key to my lyrics is imagination. The rest is painted with a little
Science-Fiction" -Jimi Hendrix