Re: [CH] Worst Salsa...hey, that brings up a pet peeve!!!

H. Alan Kantrud (prairiehabanero@leagent.net)
Sat, 16 May 1998 14:11:52 -0500

Eeyore wrote:

> There used to be a wonderful Indian restaurant on Telegraph Hill in San Francisco.
> They served a red chile sauce that was the hottest and most flavorful dish I ever
> ate.  They used ordinary dried red Barker chiles (or #13s). Made a puree from them
> seasoning it with onion and garlic and then set the cooked puree in the sun until it
> fermented and much of the water had evaporated. It's been 40 years since I tasted it
> but it was absolutely the best red chile product I ever had.

thank you for causing me to drool all over my keyboard....pavlov would be
proud....sounds *lovely*.
h. alan kantrud
northern plains institute for advanced habanero research
3000 east cliff road, burnsville (no kidding), mn 55337
vox 612.984.1807  fax 612.707.0694

"when a youth, bred in the illiberal and niggardly fashion
 ...gets a taste of the honey of the drones and associates
 with fierce and cunning creatures who know how to purvey
 pleasures of every kind and variety and condition, there you
 must doubtless conceive is the beginning of the transformation
 of the oligarchy in his soul into democracy."
                                                                         ~plato