Re: FW: [CH] Cranking up the heat in restaurants!

Dan Butts (ndbutts@nmtc.net)
Mon, 18 May 1998 12:53:04 -0500

> From:          "Gil White" <gilbert.white@sympatico.ca>
> To:            <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
> Subject:       FW: [CH] Cranking up the heat in restaurants!
> Date:          Mon, 18 May 1998 10:40:27 -0400

> restaurant, what happens when a order is really too hot to eat?  Has
> anyone been thwarted by asking then not being able to handle extra-hot
> versions of restaurant food?  Is anyone brave enough to 'fess up?
>
>                                 SandyO
>                                 CH #1146, of the moderate variety

A few years ago, while chowing down on my favorite Shredded Pork
with Garlic Sauce at the local Chinese restaurant, I managed to fork
in a whole little red pepper that almost put me right on the floor.
I was several minutes recovering.   I'm not sure what kind it was,
but it looked similar to a Vietnamese Tear-Jerker that DocPepr sent
me two or three years ago.  Man was that little sucker hot!  Did
manage to finish the meal, though.

BTW, does anyone have a recipe for this delicious concotion?  They
have taken it off the menu, so I need to be able to make it myself.

Dan Butts
CH #53