Re: FW: [CH] Cranking up the heat in restaurants!

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Mon, 18 May 1998 14:57:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Dan Butts wrote:

> A few years ago, while chowing down on my favorite Shredded Pork
> with Garlic Sauce at the local Chinese restaurant, I managed to fork
> in a whole little red pepper that almost put me right on the floor.
> I was several minutes recovering.   I'm not sure what kind it was,
> but it looked similar to a Vietnamese Tear-Jerker that DocPepr sent
> me two or three years ago.  Man was that little sucker hot!  Did
> manage to finish the meal, though.
>
> BTW, does anyone have a recipe for this delicious concotion?  They
> have taken it off the menu, so I need to be able to make it myself.

FWIW, you can ask them to make it for you at the restaurant mentioning
that you used to have it there.  Often they can make it as the staff/cook
hasn't changed, but they took it off the menu in favor of something else.

In any event, it does no harm to ask, and you might be surprised and
get that favorite dish again.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas