Re: [CH] Cranking up the heat in restaurants!

J&M Daily (daily@capital.net)
Wed, 20 May 1998 15:56:04 -0400 (EDT)

>Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:47:00 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Daryl F. Bernard" <dbernard@svsu.edu>
>Subject: Re: [CH] Cranking up the heat in restaurants!
>
>We (the folks I work with and I) fo to a particular Chinese restarant
>every week or two. I ALWAYS order the General Chicken. The server always
>asks if I'd like it mild, medium, or hot. EVERY time I say I want it as
>hot as the cook can possibly make it. EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA hot. I tell the
>server to write HOT three times and circle it! I ask her to challenge the
>cooks to make it the hottest they have ever made it - too make it too hot
>for me to eat.

I started laughing when I saw this; simply because I thought I was the only
one who did this! Whenever I order chicken wings, I always say the same
thing: "I want them hot enough for my tongue to blister. I want my lips to
bleed...I want to smell you coming up the driveway, ok?" :-)
It may be graphic, but it works!

-John

"If a man speaks in the woods, and no woman
 is around to hear him...is he still wrong?"