[CH] Haute Cuisine was Chipotle recipe request

Chris Meredith (merc@innocent.com)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:08:56 -0800

what really gets my Panties in a bind is the Eateries that advertise
Chipotle this or Habanero that, that when tasted has a slightly discernable
flavor but none of the expected heat.

 I was in a Restaurant in Portland OR. that is respected for the quality of
the food and it Chefs. I ordered salmon with a Habanero/Orange glaze. when
I got the food it tasted like it had been drowned in O.J.  I mentioned this
to the wait person who responded with "this is Oregon did you expect it to
be hot?.  I now have a certificate signed by the Manager for a free meal
for two  :-)

-Chris
bitching in Oregon