Re: [CH] Bread

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:55:05 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Rain wrote:

> -> There's at least one good thing about bread...eaten before a drinking binge
> -> absorbs the alcohol and thus one is spared of a sizable hangover! Sunny
>
> Sorry, but that's a myth.  As the bread digests, which it does quite
> quickly, any alcohol it has soaked up (which won't be much unless you
> eat a ton of it) absorbs anyway; you've only slowed it up by a few
> minutes. The old milk-will-coat-your-stomach thing is a myth too. I hate
> to tell ya, but the only thing that reliably prevents hangovers is not
> to get sh*tfaced. :)
>
> Keep on rockin',
> Rain, recovering alkie and former longtime therapist to alkies

IIRC, drinking too much alcohol causes dehydration, and if you drink
two large glasses of water before going to sleep, you'll be less
likely to wake up with a hangover.

I confess that I have not done much research into this subject, and
I don't think I've ever had a hangover, so I am not the expert that
Rain is.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas