Re: [CH] Bread

Inagaddadavida (rael@ebicom.net)
Sun, 06 Dec 1998 12:42:33 -0600

At 11:55 AM 12/6/98 -0500, Charles Demas wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Rain wrote:
>
>> -> There's at least one good thing about bread...eaten before a drinking
binge
>> -> absorbs the alcohol and thus one is spared of a sizable hangover! Sunny
>>
>> Sorry, but that's a myth.  As the bread digests, which it does quite
>> quickly, any alcohol it has soaked up (which won't be much unless you
>> eat a ton of it) absorbs anyway; you've only slowed it up by a few
>> minutes. The old milk-will-coat-your-stomach thing is a myth too. I hate
>> to tell ya, but the only thing that reliably prevents hangovers is not
>> to get sh*tfaced. :)

>IIRC, drinking too much alcohol causes dehydration, and if you drink
>two large glasses of water before going to sleep, you'll be less
>likely to wake up with a hangover.

Actually, I agree with sister Rain...although I am biased as I'm an
ex-imbiber myself...the only thing that helped my hangovers back in The
Daze was HairOtheDog...shot o' tequila made everything bright and
shiney...for a while...

Alcohol more or less literally cleans the body out, in a bad
way...displaces water which displaces things like water-soluble vitamins,
etc...I've no training in such things, just happen to read a lot/too much,
but in short, getting drunk screws the system up...

Over time, it screws up yer life :)  How much time is the bitch...can be a
drink, can be a decade...doesn't take long to screw up a life...

Well...a bit of preaching from Monk Rael....go figure...it happens...flog
me if you desire, bitte sehr...

But Da Bread...well, a good chunk from such a blessed loaf should get
anyone's endorphins running high enough to where Ms Ethyl ain't
needed...mouthful o' luv, mmmm......

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael

Rael64