Re: [CH] Tacos

Richard A.Williams (croaker@earthlink.net)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 00:44:59 -0800

Jose Cisneros wrote:

> All this talk of the Christmas holidays and chiles has me wondering
> (again).
> I know that my chances of trying this are slim, I'll have to be darn
> fast to snag one.
> And I realize that its possible that I may be beated to death  by 32
> tiny hoofs.
> Not to mention sleight tracks running acrossed my body.
> Anyway.
> This is what I need to know.
> Do reindeer taste good with chile?
> I was thinking of having, oh, say maybe some reindeer tacos with beans
> and
> some salsa cruda. I would of course barbecue the reindeer over charcoal
> with
> some mesquite.
> A few bottles of India Pale Ale to wash it down.
> This would be nice.
>
> Anyone gets one, let me know, I'll help clean it for a shank or two.
>
> Carnivorously yours,

Well Jose, I have a Finnish buddy, and he says reindeer is very similar in
taste to the North American elk. Now, I don't know if you've ever eaten
elk, but to me elk is the finest tastin' critter that walks the woods. And
Texas Red chili made with elk is this chile-heads gastronomic dream...

So if you manage to whack a reindeer, I will be standin' at your kitchen
door with a (big) plate in hand, and a BSEG on my face. Just don't shoot
the fat guy in the red suit...

Richard