[CH] Re: Europe recommendations

JYANDERS@aol.com
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 16:19:00 EST

Sue Bonar wrote:

>For those world traveling CH's and those who live in far off places (from
>me, that is) I'll be traveling all over Europe during the month of
>January. Any recommendations for food and/or sights not to miss? I'll be in
>London, Paris, Spain (all over), Germany (all over) and probably Austria
>and Switz. and anywhere else I can get to as well. A little time in
>Monaco, Cannes, Nice, Milan.... you get the idea.

I was in Europe 15 years ago. One place that I would return to if given the
opportunity was in Frankfurt. I cannot remember the name, but it was a section
of the city that was isolated from vehicle traffic and had blocks upon blocks
of restaurants, bars, pubs, nightclubs and cafes. I seem to remember that
there was an establishment for everything. If you wanted an English pub, they
had one, filled with Englishmen; there was a terrific Spanish restaurant where
we ate, Irish pubs, discos...the works. I cannot speak to anything
"chileheadish", but it was a blast and very popular. I'm sure that you can
find it if it still exists.

John - Phoenix