Re: [CH] Re: The Colonel's Recipes

Chet Bacon (hcbacon@connix.com)
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:50:14 -0500

George Nelson wrote:

> You asked:
> "What happened to the Colonel?"
>
> The Colonel passed away due to a heart condition in early 1998 (don't quote
> me on this).  I guess his last posting was possibly late 1997 or so.  We
> all miss him since his recipes were interesting and he always included a
> bit of cultural context and "food lore" for the recipes which made for a
> very valuable contribution to the Chile-Heads list.
>
> Plus, he came across as a real gentleman as well!

a rare feat now-a-days

> George Nelson
> 70431.3065@compuserve.com

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* hcbacon@connix.com      | http://www.connix.com/~hcbacon        *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *