Re: [CH] Why Some Like Hot

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:25:50 +0100

On 27 Jan 99, Suz wrote:

> Seems as though seasonings kill germs.  Those from hot climates
> (where food spoils faster) use seasonings that pack the most
> "antimicrobial" punch.  Garlic, onion, allspice and oregano kill or
> inhibit growth of all gems while hot PEPPERS, tarragon and cumin
> ELIMINATE most.

Hmmmm.... it sounds to me like, if not total BS, at least an
exaggeration. Will investigate with some pros and get back to you all.

> Maybe that's why some of us who use the hot stuff on a regular basis seem
> to be avoiding the flu and colds while our co-workers and  compadrès get
> sick. I haven't been sick since I found habs.  (knocking on wood as I
> type).

I have to admit that I haven't had a cold or flu in years either...
Well, so much more reason to find out if it is really true.

You wouldn't have the source of the info available, Suz?

Thanks,
Kristofer