Re: [CH] is it only me?

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 06 Feb 1999 17:06:28 -0600

Babs VanRenterghem wrote:

> Is it only me or does anyone else wonder why anyone in their right mind
> would want a heatless hab?  I'm just getting back into the swing of things
> here, but I can't imagine it!
>
> Babs

I'm going to make a stab at raising some this year. I've never had
them but, according to Jim Weller, who got some in the frozen tundra
of Yellowknife, NWT, that he thought were habs, they have a heat level
between jalapeno and serrano and the distinctive, fruity hab taste.

They're called Gustoso or Venezeulan Sweet Habaneros. Rain (of this
list) turned me on to the address of a supplier in Bloomington IN who
has seed. I'd post it here but I wrote it on a currently missing scrap
of foolscap and if it doesn't surface soon I may have to re-ask for it
myself.

But, to answer your question - sometimes you want the flavour without
totally lighting up your life and making your babies be born dead.
That and faking out folks who know what habbies are but don't know
about gustosos.  <GGG>

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider