Re: [CH] OT: Chocolate

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:54:08 +1100

At 7:09 AM -0800 18/2/99, Art Pierce wrote:
>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:56:07 +1100
>From: "J. B. Cattley" <jbc@mpx.com.au>
>Subject: [CH] OT: Chocolate
>
>I actually have a sinking feeling that I've asked this here before, but
>if
>so, well, I'm asking again.
>
>I'm currently on the lookout for a source of decent unsweetened
>chocolate.
>(In Sydney, but mail order is cool.)
1.
 one of the cooking demos at this years TFG chilli festival will be Molé
sauces etc
Victor Pispia will be demonstrating Chicken Mole etc.
 I asked him to bring some Mexican Chocolate to sell at the Festival
because it is  so hard to get.
2.
I also have tried to buy chocolate without sugar
the best I did was 20% sugar.
I wanted to experiment with sweetening it with Stevia
I even tried to grow my own from a  seed last year.
I can't understand why it is not availble in its raw state.

Michael Bailes.
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Chilli Festival 1999
At TFG: 5, 6, 7 March  see  http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/chillifestival/