Re: [CH] Knorr (Was: Chilli Oil)

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 06:49:00 +0100

On 21 Mar 99, James E. Rose wrote:

> This sauce reminds me of another that my wife and I used to purchase at
> Safeway's here in the NW. It's a Tequila Lime Sauce made by Knorr's. It
> was absolutely wonderful grilled on chicken. Unfortunately, I haven't seen
> it in several years. I did a fairly exhaustive search for Knorrs on the
> Internet and couldn't find them.

Knorr is a German brand, very agressively marketed here in Sweden:
http://www.knorr.de/
(in German only)

Maybe they are best known for their "Aromat" powder, one of the usual
"flavour enhancer" blends of MSG, salt, onion...  been around since
the 60s. Nowadays I guess they are the symbol of "Hey, let's take
this really simple recipe that anyone could make, freeze dry it, put
it into a colorful bag, and market, Market, MARKET it! Soon noone
will know how to cook anymore, and we will make Big Bucks!" (oops...
that was wrong, I mean "Big Euros"...)

I would guess Tequila Lime was deleted from their product range,
since people who would appreciate that taste doesn't normally belong
to the Knorr customer sphere...

Kristofer