Re: [CH] 3rd Indiana hotluck

Susan Byers (chilewmn@bluemarble.net)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:42:39 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> Steve Thomas recently wrote:
>
> >Everyone is welcome, you should bring a covered dish for a crown,
> While I could probably adapt some recipes like chicken wings to a headgear
> format, I hate to think of someone trying to wear a batch of chili.  Steve,
> I'm not sure you thought this completely through before making these plans.
>  Could we compromise with, say, a ristra worn as a laurel wreath?  Or maybe
> James the Elder might bake a loaf of THE BREAD in the shape of a bowler
> hat.  Susan Byers might look good in a tasteful tepin tiara, but really, I
> think that's asking for a lot of work.

Now I am really sorry I cannot make the hotluck this year since I do have
a chile tiara! Someone gave it to me, as a joke I presume, and then was
amazed that I have actually worn it at various chile events. Little did
they know I am only too happy to play the fool to advance the cause of
chiledom.
Darn....their are so few places a girl can wear her chile tiara these
days!
Hope you all have a good time,
Susan Byers
The Chile Woman