RE: [CH] recipes wanted

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:43:32 -0700

Thanks for the comment - I probably should have put a disclaimer of some
sort in about other types of sauces

I have used tomato paste also, I figured that people would make their own
adaptations

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]                                Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com>               LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146  web:  http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146

----------
From:  GarryMass@aol.com[SMTP:GarryMass@aol.com]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 21, 1999 5:48 AM
To:  sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com; chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject:  Re: [CH] recipes wanted

In a message dated 4/20/99 5:38:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com writes:

> Cocktail sauce
>
>  1 cup	Ketchup

Once upon a time in a Boston Italian restaurant (that served french fries)
someone at our table asked for Ketchup.  The older waiter sniffed, "But
theese is an Eeee-tall-yen restaurant, how dare you ask for (sniff)
ketchup."
 Our guest didn't realize that the request was an insult to the "house"
sauce.  He brought a thin Italian marinara sauce instead.  Brilliant.  I've
not used ketchup ever since.
I mention this as I observe the cocktail sauce recipes which also seem to
favor garlic and parsley/cilantro, typical of pasta sauces.  Perhaps 1 cup
of
your own best sauce instead of sugary ketchup might be a treat?  And perhaps

as an adobo ingredient as well?   Seems to me that our chile powders might
find a better home in a pasta sauce than in ketchup.  Just a thought.
Gareth the ChileKnight