Re: [CH] Garden Tool Help! plus Book Question

Bob Batson (bob@sky.net)
Thu, 6 May 1999 19:17:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Jacqueline Groot <JacquelineG@em.cortland.edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for something called the Killer Kane which was made by the Judd
> Ringer Corporation out of Minneapolis Minnesota. ....................

I don't know about the Killer Kane, but the Killer Kane Kartridges (for
Dandelions & Broadleafweeds) are manufactured by Sudbury. Their address
is -

        SUDBURY
        Consumer Products Company
        Division of Farnam Companies
        Phoenix, AZ  85013
I was also wondering if anyone has either seen or read the new book _The
Chile Pepper Encyclopedia : Everything You'll Ever Need to Know About
Hot Peppers, With More Than 100 Recipes_ by Dave DeWitt (ISBN:
0688156118). It's a 338 page book with a list price of $19.95 US. I just
saw it listed on Amazon.com  It's described as follows:

Book Description
The Chile Pepper Encyclopedia has the answer to just about any
question one could ask about chile peppers. Which chiles are the
hottest? What country did the first chile plants come from? What
popular brand of dandruff shampoo is made with chile peppers? Can
chiles really be used to cure headaches? Even the most devoted
"chile-heads" will be satisfied. The encyclopedia is researched and
written by Dave Dewitt, the country's foremost expert on hot and spicy
foods and longtime editor-in-chief of Chile Pepper magazine.

In addition to entries on chile species, culture, terminology, and
agriculture, the encyclopedia includes more than one hundred fiery
recipes like Madras Fried Chile Fritters from India and Jamaican Jerk
Chicken Wings are sure to please any hot-and-spicy food lover. Black
and white drawings and photographs, charts, and graphs appear
throughout, and an eight page insert includes color photographs of
dozens of varieties of chiles, invaluable for identification. The
Chile Pepper Encyclopedia is an indispensable sourcebook for chile
aficionados, gardeners, cooks, and anyone else who has a burning
interest in fiery foods.

Bob Batson                              L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
bob@sky.net                             Kansas City
TCS - Mystic Fire Priest                USDA zone 5b
Under the most controlled conditions, the experimental apparatus will
do exactly as it pleases.