Re: [CH] leaf spraying

Valerie (seabreeze@concentric.net)
Tue, 18 May 1999 14:54:00 -0500

Hey katj!

Aphids have arrived here also, and my 1000 ladybugs will be
picked up on Saturday. They are in a can and are to be kept
in the regrigerator (does this sound right??) until I am ready
to put them outside. What I have to do is (wait till you hear
this!) dilute a can of Coca-Cola 1:1 with water, and put it into
a spray bottle. Dump the chilled ladybugs (guess that keeps them
from flying?) onto a large cookie sheet, and spray them with the
diluted Coca-cola. After they are all sprayed, wait a few minutes
then put them on your plants. The soda mixture hardens and will
keep them from flying away, they come out of the can very hungry,
and will eat your aphids. I guess as soon as it rains (or you rinse
your plants!) the water will wash off the soda mixture? Hmmmm, think
I'll double check these instructions when I pick up my can-o-ladybugs!
good luck!
Val (who wonders if guy at the nursery was serious or not!)

--
Valerie / Breeze

ICQ# 3953329
http://www.Geocities.com/Heartland/Shores/3983/peppers.html